What you need to know about open enrollment today November 1st, 2017
Open enrollment for health insurance 2018 is here, and starts today. If you live in Modoc, Siskiyou or Klamath Counties this is what you need to know about open enrollment today November 1st, 2017.
- Open enrollment is November 1st through December 15th 2017.
- You can apply for coverage today.
- Plan enrolled in during open enrollment will begin January 1st 2018.
- You can view different rates and options available.
- Klamath County has two options for companies: Moda and Providence.
- In 2018 both Atrio and Regence Blue Cross will no longer be available in Klamath County
- Modoc and Siskiyou Counties have one option: Anthem Blue Cross.
- Klamath County uses healthcare.gov to enroll if you are applying for subsidies.
- Modoc and Siskiyou Counties use coveredca.com if you are applying for subsidies.
- Monte Johnson Insurance has certified agents for both healthcare.gov and coveredca.com.
- If you aren’t applying for subsidies you can enroll directly with a Monte Johnson Insurance agent through Moda and Anthem Blue Cross.
Open enrollment is limited this year to forty-five days. You must enroll now or make changes for your 2018 plan. You won’t be able to after open enrollment unless you have a qualifying life event.
If you have more specific questions and for help enrolling please contact either of our offices.
Monte Johnson Insurance Services Inc.
Klamath Falls, Oregon – (541) 850-8170
Tulelake, California – (530) 667-5656